Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Doggie Birthday Cupcakes!!



Doggie Cupcakes that I made for my moms dog......


You will need the following: 

Cake 
  •  1/2 cup Canola Oil
  • 1/2 cup Applesauce
  • 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 2 whole Bananas
Frosting
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Pr-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix the canola oil and apple sauce together. Then add the peanut butter, mix all that together till smooth, then add the flour and baking soda. In a separate bowl mash up your bananas and when they are smooth add them to the batter. Pour your batter into paper lined cupcakes holders, or nicely greased cupcake tin. Cook for 15 minutes in mini sized cupcakes, or up to 30 in a cake platter. You will want to keep and eye on them.
All of my ingredients that I needed!

The batter coming along nicely

Lined mini cupcake tins

Spooning the batter into the liners

all ready to go into the oven

I had extra batter, I only made the one tin

While your cakes are cooking you can get your frosting ready. I would use a mixer, or hand mixer for the frosting. You will need to soften your butter, put it in the mixer with the peanut butter, mix well and then add the heavy whipping cream. Mix for a good 5 minutes. Chill in fridge till your cupcakes are out of the oven and cooled.
Fresh out of the oven

I did not use any sugar, not sure how it made it into the picture. All cooled and ready to frost!
Frosted and ready to eat

They looked good, I just didn't try them

Hope your pooch enjoys their new treat!!!

Cheato is only looking happy because she knows there is cake


Happy 9th birthday!



She loved her cake!


Nom Nom Nom....


Yes thats right!!! You did read that correctly!!! Doggie birthday cupcakes!! My mother is very into her dog, it is a second child to her. I bought Cheato (a Pomeranian) 9 years ago for a birthday preset. My husband, boyfriend at the time, had bought me a pom named Hermionie about 6 months prior. My mom fell in love with her and wanted a dog just like her so bad. Well its very funny because I was never allowed a dog growing up, or a cat...I did have a rat but it stayed at my grandparents house. So this is very odd for my mom to want a dog so badly, even more odd for me to see her treat this dog like a human. But here we go........

Hermionie with her favorite toy


So she came up on a Sunday morning and immediately her and my boys decorated the kitchen all in pink for this little birthday brats party. You should have seen the look on my husbands face when he woke up and came out into his kitchen. He was shocked to find we were having a party for a dog. Don't get me wrong, I love my fur girls, and we did do a little cupcake for their birthdays a couple years. We never decorated the house though.
The house all decorated for Cheatos 9th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God!!! Cheato had a party! Thats so funny. Glad she got to have a special cake, and I hope your dogs got some too!

    ReplyDelete