Thursday, August 23, 2012

DIY Finger paint

The boys and I decided we should try something different today and make our own paint. It was pretty simple.
 This is was you will need:
  • Food coloring
  • 6 Mini Tupperware
  •  3 tbs sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • A pot
  • Spoons
  • At least one little helper
Gather all your supplies, mix all your ingredients right in the pot, turn your burner on high. Once it starts to boil turn it down to medium, stir it till it becomes a nice smooth consistency. remove from heat but continue to stir so it doesn't burn to the pan. It all happens pretty fast, so do not take your eye off it. Let it cool down, then transfer to your mini Tupperwares, and add your food coloring. I put about 5-6 drops give or take into each container, depending on if they needed to be darker.
Gathering supplies

My little mini Tupperware I used to make my Fruit pops in

Don't forget one of the main ingredients!!!

Perfect consistency

Still cooling down a bit

Red and blue make purple, yellow and red make orange... :)

My little helpers

Baby spoons were the best choice to stir with

We are all set and ready to paint!!!!
Non toxic finger paint!!!! The boys are soooo ready to try this tomorrow, I will add those pictures later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment