Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fruit turkey

Well the boys and I saw an idea in a fall idea cook book, and they insisted we try it so here was out best shot at it.
Things you will need:
  • Cantaloupe or honeydew melon
  • Wood skewers
  • Grapes
  • Pear or sweet potato
  • Raisins
  • Red, orange, and yellow bell peppers
  • Cheddar cheese
I cut the cheese into blocks, and washed the grapes for the boys and I let them stick those on the skewers. I tried to make the cute little face, and stick the potato head onto the body. It will be easier if you cut X marks into the spots you will be sticking the skewers. I cute up the bell peppers and put them in first, then I did the cheese and grape ones. He is pretty cute, I suggest getting a pear for his head though, Target just did not have any, so we improvised. But hey not only is he cute, hes tasty too!
Everything you need!



Working hard

Half way there

The boys are proud of him

Our finished guy


No comments:

Post a Comment